I spent the last week of August and first week of September in the Swiss and French Alps again, on my third trip. This time with Pistol Pete, we managed to climb four 4000m summits and one significant rock route, and would have done more if we were not shut down by a snow storm in the middle of this period. Before it snowed, we did our first three mountains in four days. Our climbs were:
- Lagginhorn (4010m), WSW Ridge (PD, 1300m)
- Weissmies (4017m), North Ridge (AD+/IV, 700m)
- Rimpfischhorn (4199m), WSW Ridge (PD+, 1600m)
- Dent du Geant (4013m), SW Face (AD/III, 700m)
- Aiguille du Midi (3800m), voie Rebuffat (TD/6a, 200m elev)
I put together a trip report, based on my diary..... will put up some photos soon. This means I have now done nine 4000m peaks in the Euro Alps, one 4000m peak in the US (Mt Rainier) and two 6000m peaks in the Andes.